top of page


Grayson United Pentecostal Church, a congregation in Grayson, KY, offers members - and visitors - a chance to become part of something greater. To grow in their love of God and for one another within our beautiful community.

We believe that the church still serves a purpose, and in the ever present time of trouble, we strive to be a beacon of rest and of hope to the city of Grayson and to all who walk through our doors. 

We are rooted in the word of the Lord and believe worship is something that can be expressed in everything we do. Our philosophy is founded on Jesus Christ. No matter who you are, there’s a special place for you at our church. Get in touch today or come and visit us in person.

Ephesians 2: 19-22

“Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners but fellow citizens with the saints and the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone; in whom all building fitly framed together growth unto an holy temple in the lord. In whom ye also are builded together for an habitationof God through the spirit


The church originated in what is now known as "Clifty" in Grayson Lake in 1951. The church building was originally used as a community center for the area. Millard Barker, the pastor of Olive Hill UPC called on Emmanuel and Mary Messer to preach a revival at the local assembly. They wanted them to stay and pastor the church but there was no means of income. A few years later, brother and sister Messer found themselves back at the Clifty church and decided to take over as leadership of the church in the community center. Their first Sunday morning service had 73 in attendance due to surrounding churches not participating in Sunday school. They would sing from donated hymnals and had no music. 

Brother and sister Messer proceeded to pastor the church until 1956 when Roosevelt York from Ironton Ohio took over as pastor until Everett Seagraves (a saint in our church now) took over after him. James Gullett took on pastorship in 1971. Grayson Lake forced the move to where we are now. Some of the floor joists that rest under the church were the same joists that were in the original building in Clifty. 

We have had the honor of hosting some of the kindest and most genuine leadership this city has ever known. 

bottom of page